Download a "Friends of Yellagonga - brochure and application form below"
Please note that it is necessary to join both the Friends of Yellagonga Park (Inc) and the Department of Environment (DEC) Volunteer force as they are two separate entities. By signing up up as Volunteer for DEC, you become covered under their Volunteer Insurance Policy under which FOY operates.
When attending work activities with the FOY Members, please ensure that you record your attendance on the attendance sheet as this is an insurance requirement. It also allows registration and recording of your hours worked on DEC projects which assists FOY in any Grant or other activities or applications. There is also a nominal recognition of your work by DEC gauged by the hours worked.
There are no membership fees payable by FOY Members or DEC Volunteers.
- Download a Membership from here:- Membership form
- DEC Volunteer application:-Download
- DEC Code of conduct:- Download
Steps towards protection of the Park
- Join the Friends group and help out whenever you can. Check out the Clubhouse pages, or the newsletter, on this site to find out what is happening.
- Help the Friends in restoration activities. Contact us if you can help.
- Discuss your concerns for restoraton and revegetation of the park with the Friends.
- Learn more about the plants and animals of the park and enjoy your local environment. Look at the 'links' page to find out links to sites and information that will interest you.
- Be vigilant. Rubbish dumping, fire lighting and vandalism are unacceptable in our Park.
- Report fires as soon as possible to the CALM Regional Fire Duty Officer, 9405 1222 or City Rangers 1300 655899, or by calling 000. Fires can greatly set back restoration work and significantly damage natural areas.